Saturday, December 11, 2010

venus and mars

It's saturday night and I'm studying.
lame.

Today was spent with friends, lot's of laughing and a venus and mars session that made me think.
What did I think about you ask? Well everything really, but I'll simplify it for you.

1. Even though most of my friends are married or engaged, a lot of us aren't and that's okay.

2. This generation is not as mature as previous ones because of the "silver spoon" society we live in today.

3. I really miss being in a relationship.

4. I'm kinda glad I'm not in a relationship.

5. I'm realizing more and more how young I am. I've got dreams, I've got goals. I'd like to achieve them.

6. Maybe I'd like to achieve them with a special someone though?

7. By the time my mom was my age, I was already born. A year an a half later, my sister entered the world. YIKES!

8. More college aged girls are starting to date guys younger than them. 5 up and five down apparently.

9. Where does God fit in all of this? I don't believe that there is only ONE person in the entire world that is meant for me.

10. I don't have a tenth thought. I've just wasted 2.5 seconds of your time. Sorry.

I guess I have a lot to think about. I am glad though that I have friends who are so willing to be vulnerable and candid in our discussions about the opposite sex. I think that if I ever have children, I will tell them about my experiences with venus and mars. I'll be truthful with them about everything I've learned, and encourage them to seek the Lord's guidance in these matters.

Somehow I think I want to be more intentional about my relationships. I want to cherish them all and not worry about whether or not I'll find my soulmate one day. I'll worry about doing His work and let Him worry about this.

Now if only I could let go and let Him...

3 comments:

  1. And I missed it. In favor of a Jones/Nick tree-top talk. Maybe we all had a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to hear more about the "silver spoon" society...I feel like I could wholeheartedly agree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like these thoughts. Number 10 is my favorite. [:

    ReplyDelete